In this episode, we cover:
- Why starting solids before six months may be beneficial for some babies
- The neuro and brain changes specific to the postpartum period and how we can identify them in ourselves and others
- Matrescence and the differences between women in their 20s vs 30s vs 40s and beyond
- What happens to the woman and her brain as she ‘loses’ her sense of self and transforms
- The role of prolactin and oxytocin during pregnancy and in the postpartum period. What if she chooses or is unable to breastfeed—how does that affect her brain?
- Microchimerism in the postpartum period—what impact does it have on her brain, sense of self, and immunology
- Sleep, weight, and hormones—what sleep deprivation is actually doing to the mother’s brain and hallmark periods to watch out for.